Why Deep Green Resistance?
- Industrial civilization is killing all life on our planet, driving to extinction 200 species per day, and it won’t stop voluntarily.
- Global warming is happening now, at an astounding speed. The only honest solution is to stop industrial civilization from burning fossil fuels.
- Most consumption is based on violence against people (human and non-human) and on degrading landbases across the planet.
- Life on Earth is more important than this insane, temporary culture based on hyper-exploitation of finite resources. This culture needs to be destroyed before it consumes all life on this planet.
- Humanity is not the same as civilization. Humans have developed many sane and sustainable cultures, themselves at risk from civilization.
- Most people know this culture is insane and needs radical change, but don’t see any way to bring the change about.
- Unlike most environmental and social justice organizations, Deep Green Resistance questions the existence and necessity of civilization itself. DGR asks “What if we do away with civilization altogether?”
- Unlike most environmental and social justice organizations, DGR asks “What must we do to be effective?”, not “What will those in power allow us to do?”
- DGR offers organized, reliable ways to promote sane ways of living and surviving the ongoing crisis.
- DGR has a realistic plan to stop the insanity,